Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

What are people saying about Marina Melee?

Just thought I'd post some excerpts of reviews  and feedback I've received for Marina Melee. I'm so very pleased!

On Amazon:
This book was a fun read from beginning to end. The author does a great job of portraying the highs and lows of someone "from America" trying to live and work "down island" for the first time. She has a clear understanding of the many details that make island living so complex, and yet so rewarding when you start to relax and get things right. It brought back many great memories of island life when I lived (and tried to work) in the Caribbean a decade ago. Anyone involved in the marina or recreational boating business will love the book for its hilarious portrayals of all the marina characters that make life interesting along the waterfront. -The Professor

This was a fun read. Lynne paints a wonderful portrait of a rich ( because of his father) screw up who buys a marina on a small Caribbean island. He has everything going against him. So how does he manage to screw this one up? Ah, you will just have to read it for yourself. And trust me, you will enjoy it just as much as I did. I loved the use of the Caribbean 'slanguage'. -Tekay

 Lynne Hinkey's hilarious, slightly raunchy, and damn good debut novel should make anyone think twice, maybe three times, about doing serious business in the Caribbean.  - Bob Sanchez
This was a great summer read. It was set in the Caribbean and the description of the island was great! I enjoyed the cast of characters who were well developed. I would recommend this to anyone as a great beach book! -corbinam

And on Facebook:
Connie: I'm loving your book. Especially the coors light joke,
Julia: Just finished the book, and it's awesome! Love the ending! Can't wait to read your next one...
Jim: It's a fun book
Steve: So much fun to see you! The book is so much fun too Very Cool! I am loving the book! almost finished.
Hanna: It's a great book! Can't wait to share it with everyone I know!


I'm now hard at work on my next novel, Chupacabra. Set in Puerto Rico, it's a supernatural murder mystery (think Scooby-Doo) featuring "the Jack Halliman," a best-selling murder mystery writer, and minor character in Marina Melee. When, upon his arrival in Puerto Rico, Jack finds a dead body floating in the marina, life takes a surreal twist and imitates his art. Except the prime suspect in his books has always been a human. Now he's chasing the legendary Chupacabra!

For more details, see my next post: Chasing the Chupacabra.

No comments:

Post a Comment