Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 7: Today, I'm thankful for...

Sea Grant! What a wonderful bunch of people doing fabulous, valuable work. I was lucky enough to be part of that as an extension agent. That was my ideal job--it was made for me and me for it. I had amazing opportunities to do wonderful, fun things that were truly meaningful in a community I loved, so the work was personally important to me, not just professionally. How many people can say they wake up and love going to their job every day? How many people can say they're making a difference in the world (or their small corner of it) every day? Extension agents, that's who!

Even though I left that, first to support Sea Grant Extension as the SG-CSC Liaison, then to move on and pursue my dream of writing, in my heart, I'll always be an extension agent and will always be thankful for the amazing opportunities I had as the VIMAS agent in the VI.

No comments:

Post a Comment